Famous for its churches and monuments that have been declared by UNESCO a World Heritage Site, is universally known for its early Christian and Byzantine mosaics that are inside of the basilicas and mausoleums perfectly preserved. Ravenna is now a major city with an important port for trade and cruise ships that the year chosen as the destination for their ports on the Adriatic. Ravenna is one of the places more major tourism Romagna thanks to its beaches and its 9 Beaches from north to south and large Wonderland Amusement Park (the largest in Italy) and Safari Ravenna.
Rich in cultural events such as the famous Ravenna Festival held every year in the summer, Ravenna between cities finalist candidates for European Capital of Culture in 2019. Finally, do not forget that Ravenna is the city which the great poet Dante exiled from Florence wrote the Divine Comedy, died, and was buried in the tomb which is still can visit. Ravenna is a city that is definitely worth it for pleasure or business more a visit a year.
The complex of the early Christian monuments of Ravenna considered World Heritage UNESCO:
- Mausoleum of Galla Placidia (first half of the fifth century, post 426)
- Neoniano (approximately 430, decorated to the 458)
- Archbishop's Chapel (about 500)
- Basilica of Sant 'Apollinare Nuovo (the beginning of the sixth century, with partial redecoration in the second half of the sixth century)
- Mausoleum of Theodoric (520 approx)
- Arian Baptistery (first half of the sixth century)
- Basilica of San Vitale (first half of the sixth century)
- Basilica of St. Apollinaris in Classe (consecrated in 547)